Life is currently a little chaotic. We are getting our kitchen remodeled, and without a kitchen to play in, I am feeling very lost. Plus, living on takeout food is expensive, boring, and downright unhealthy. I am counting the days until I get to cook and prepare my own food again. We also just got a new puppy, which is adding slightly to the chaos. That said, he is really adorable and alleviates any chaotic stress too. So, this week’s recipe is a super simple dressing. It’s one that can be made in seconds, and can transform a boring green salad into something delicious. We have an abundance of chives in the garden right now, and they add such a great fresh flavor to this dressing. I also added a little walnut vinegar, to give a nutty taste, and some mustard for an extra kick. It’s so good served with some fresh green salad leaves, and the perfect antidote to gloopy takeout food!
Finn- The chaos creator and stress reliever
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 3/4 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of walnut oil
- 1 heaped tablespoon of freshly chopped chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the white wine vinegar and mustard together.
- Add the oils, and mix well with a hand whisk until emulsified.
- Add the chives.
- Taste, and season with salt and pepper.