As I look out at the cobalt blue sky and our burnt yellowed lawn I find it hard to believe it’s still early summer. We have had a crazy hot month here in Seattle, and it already feels like the middle of August. It’s been a constant battle to water all out veggies but I am not complaining. It’s been balmy and so wonderful to be able to dine al fresco in the sunshine every day. As cherries are in season right now, I have made a few batches of my Cherry Frozen Yogurt Popsicles, but recently I have been craving something citrusy and refreshing. I love fresh orange juice, so I came up with these citrus pops with orange juice, a little lemon and lime juice and maple syrup. I also added some fresh basil and mint, which taste so good with the strong citrus flavor. These pops are a cinch to make and really cooling on a hot summers day.
Make 4 ice-pops
- 250mls of fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon of fresh time juice
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 25mls of water
- 1 teaspoon of freshly chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon of freshly chopped basil
- Mix all the ingredients together in a jug, ensuring the maple syrup is well mixed in.
- Pour the liquid into 4 popsicle molds.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours.