I can’t say summer is here, because it’s not official until June 20th, but in my eyes summer is here! The sun is out, and the evenings are long and bright – I say let’s have a picnic! Everything tastes so much better outside in the sunshine. Glass jam jars are perfect to carry your food outside and also look pretty too. These banoffee pots are a simpler version of a regular banoffee pie and take just a few minutes to make. If you have not heard of a banoffee pie before, let me explain! It’s a magical combination of crumbly cookies, gooey caramel, fresh bananas, whipped cream with some sprinkles of chocolate on top. It’s sinfully good. This recipe is a scaled back version and very easy to make. So, if you are camping out in the wilderness or just laying on a blanket in the local park, these banoffee pots will make your picnic memorable.
- 60 g of cookies– digestive biscuits / graham crackers if in the USA
- 120g of dulce de leche – about 4 dessert spoons
- 1 large banana
- 100mls of cream, whipped.
- *Flake® for garnish – It’s difficult to find these chocolate bars here in the US, so you could use some chocolate chips, or flaked chocolate instead
- Put the cookies in a small ziplock back and crush with your hands or a rolling pin.
- Spoon 2 heaped tablespoons of the crushed cookies into the bottom of each jar.
- Slice half a banana into each jar.
- Spoon about 2 dessert spoons of dulce de leche on top of the banana slices in each jar.
- Spoon the whipped cream on top.
- Garnish with a Flake®